Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thor

Is anyone who isn't my brother-in-law excited that Kenneth Branagh is directing Thor: God of Thunder?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800369/

Brian Blessed as Odin? Rock my world. No one could be Odin like Hamlet's dear departed dad.

Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Jessica Biel, and Samuel L. Jackson? Okay, it's got to make some money, too, I guess.

So, I'm a little torn. Thor is weird and sounds like some midnight salami sandwich inspired dream. How do you not make this story become a campy, nerdy mess?

I don't know, but my Trekker wife is pretty excited to find out how Mr. Shakespeare/Laurence Olivier wannabe makes it happen or loses all respect trying.

Hammer Time!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

When I hear anything about Thor, this is the first thing that comes to mind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rnTpR4M1ZI&feature=related

Spencer Ellsworth said...

I have actually stayed away from news about this movie because it just sounds too weird to be true. Kenneth Branagh? Kenneth Freaking Branagh? I am worried that he will suddenly come to his senses, realize he should be a ballerino, and then Chris Rock will finish the directing.

Chrissy said...

I'm excited, I'm excited!