Friday, July 10, 2009

Five years!


Five years today--Happy anniversary, Honey.

I can't think of a better way to spend my life than with you and the kids. You're the best.

I love you.

Remember when I couldn't visit you and propose to you in California because I had borrowed my poor widowed grandmother's only car and ruined her transmission? Or when we found out you were pregnant with Adelaide? Our "Honeymoon Week" before Joseph was born? When you spent all of our money eating out at expensive restaurants every single night?

Remember go-karts at Big Bear? Watching Winged Migration? David crashing our only reliable car because he really, really had to see his girlfriend? What was her name?

Remember our first fight? I don't.

Remember our last fight? Uh...I do. Sorry.

Remember when Joseph used to break everything? And Adelaide would laugh? That was this morning. I hope you remember.

Remember our trip to Long Beach? Me meeting your parents? You meeting mine?

I love you. I'm glad you don't mind living in a basement with me and three kids and hobbit-sized ceilings and one crummy vehicle and another crummier vehicle. And $150. Or is it -$150. I forget.

I love you.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

This is really sweet. Crying and laughing both.

Richard GermanChocolate said...

That's my baby girl you are holding, standing in front of the temple doors. What a beautiful smile. I cried when she left me for another man (you) but the last 5 years have proven that you are certainly right for her, and she is right for you. I love you and am proud of you.

Rebecca said...

Remember that time you started a blog and posted about your anniversary?

Here's to 5 more!

And then you're finished.

Who's B? said...

Dude, how have I not known about your blog all this time?!?! You are freakin' hilarious and I miss your face. I missed your wedding five years ago on account of being overseas, and here I am again, five years later, in Germany. Congratulations on five years. I can't wait to see you and your little family this winter (I'll be home for three weeks). I hope all is well, I'll keep checking in.

~from the cous, Amanda~