Monday, March 22, 2010

Minimally Invasive Surgery


In addition to working with Element SEO, I am working with a friend of mine who happens to be a genius.  He has designed and patented a cool bendy tube thingy that rich robotic surgery companies can do some awesome smart something with to make gall bladder surgery patients have 1 very tiny scar instead of 3 kind of small scars.

Obviously, my level of technical understanding ain't up to par, but I've seen this thing and it's brilliant.  It is so simple, small, strong, and flexible, that no one will be able to match it.  No one can make it so easy to manufacture or eco-friendly.  It has no mechanical joints, so that means it's cheaper to make, has an infinite life, and requires no lubrication.

Pretty sweet, eh?  So, basically, in my spare time, I am changing the current 3 scar minimally invasive surgery standard down to 1.  Yeah, in my spare time.  Imagine what I could do if I only had hundreds of minions to do these simple tasks for me.  I could focus on the really important things.  Like finding Atlantis and stuff.

2 comments:

Rustino Scar said...

if only we could find a minimally invasive surgery to permanently reduce my body fat percentage...exercise and dieting are just not working out for me

Unknown said...

Hello Chad,

Intuitive Surgical is developing a single-entry port containing all 4 of their tools. At the tail end of her TED presentation Catherine Mohr, a surgeon and spokesman for Intuitive displays the new device.

Go to TED and search for her name and watch the video.

You might like to read my blog about surgical automation:

http://www.Everything-Robotic.com

Frank Tobe
The Robot Report
http://www.TheRobotReport.com
Tracking the business of robotics